Thursday 19 February 2009

Pseudocide




Don't know if 'Pseudocide' is a real word or not as I can only find it on Wikipedia which I possibly don't trust! It's supposedly a term used for faking your own death.


I think this could definately be termed as 'being bad'! While I am sure the idea of having a new life (preferably in some tropical paradise) is appealing, surely having to pretend to be dead is a bit extreme. The taxman may not miss you but family and friends would and I would imagine it would cause considerable stress, especially if you were found to be really alive. In the case of John Darwin his sons never spoke to him again when they found he was alive - and quite rightly so.


(For those of you not as old as I am the picture is of Reginald Perrin - a TV character from the '70's who faked his own death)

No comments:

Post a Comment